Friday, September 15, 2017

FLY AWAY !!!!!

A new challenge for you over at That`s Crafty Challenge Blog , http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.dk/     and this fortnight the challenge is : Fly Away ( wings and birds )  For me a very lovely  subject !


I started using one of my much loved Heart surfaces ,- gessoed it, and after painted with two new , beautiful colors from the Multi Surface Paints, Chestnut Brown and White, mixed together .
I wanted to create a frame with Tyvek and lace , so draw a pattern after the heart , and used it to cut, like a frame of the old lace , and another from Tyvek . Tyvek was sewed onto the lace, and after I burned it to create texture , made it roll together, and curl.  


You can see here how it looks after I painted it with the Chestnut Brown and Metallic Bronze. The texture inside is tea-leaves from when drying the tea bags , after drinking my tea….. they make great wonderful texture J


I found some af my favorite Embellishments , Bits and Pieces Greyboard , from the following sheets  : Feathers and Wings, Christmas Birds, and Autumn/Winter ( Acorn ) , they were also gessoed ,and then painted with the same tones as the background, -the bird had a coat of Ice Blue to the wings,-
the leaves, of the acorns ,a touch of the Green, and after dried, I added details with the beautiful Metallic Bronze



The wings had two coats of Chestnut Brown, and after dry I added Distress Crackle Paint ,to the top of them, and also to the top of the birds wings. Both were painted with Distress Ink :Walnut stain ,after totally  dry,-- and after worked well into the crackle with a brush , I took away the coat on top ,with a piece of,  cloth .



Everything was added with the Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive ,--the bird got a lace piece in the   beak, two hearts from my box of “trash” were also adhered . The last thing to do, was adding a piece of Sari Silk to the two holes I had made using my Crop A Dille , one in each bow, -to make it possible hanging.

So this is my go , on this wonderful Challenge , and I hope I have inspired you ,to create something for it too.  As you might know :
The winner of the Challenge will receive a £20 voucher to spend in the online store. http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/

Wouldn`t it be exiting !!!!  I hope to see you there  .
Also there are so gorgeous creations from the other team members  !!!!

Hugs and love

Dorthe 

Materials I used :
That`s Crafty MDF Heart 
Embellishments Bits and Pieces Greyboard  ,Feathers and Wings- Christmas Birds, and Autumn/winter ( Acorns ) 
Multi Surface Paints : Chestnut Brown and Metallic Bronze, White, Green, and Iced Blue 
Tyvek
Distress Crackle Paint , Clear Rock Candy
Distress Ink , Walnut Stain
From my stash : dyed lace , dried nature material, two hearts and, brown  Sari Silk .


14 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I love this project, Dorthe! There are so many wonderful textures: the crackle on the bird's wings;the use of the tea bags and the Tyvek. The colours of Autumn are wonderful too. xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Amazingly beautiful creation Dorthe, I'm in awe of all your wonderful textures especially the crackles, you are one uber talented lady that's for sure :)
hugs
Donna xx

Heather said...

All the quiet mystery of Autumn is captured here, Dorthe. It's emotional, tactile, peaceful and lovely! xox

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Gorgeous Details, beautiful creation. Love your take on Fly away theme, your project is Unique!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

So beautiful, dear friend! It reminds me of the warm colours and beautiful textures of an autumn forest, when the flowering and busy season comes to an end and muted tones and stillness return. Big hugs xx

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your flying heart is rustic and elegant at the same time, dear Dorthe. You created awsome textures on the heart and on the wings. I love the look of the golden melted tyvek. It looks like you had a lot of fun with this piece.
Have a wonderful weekend! :)
Hugs and love,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Amazing cool fly away heart!!! Just adore it. xox

Fliss said...

A totally amazing creation Dorthe. So much beautiful texture and detail and love the rich brown colour palette too. The more I look, the more I see on here and I love it!
Fliss xxx

Amanda said...

You have included so much detail in this all building to create wonderful texture and colour.
Love
Amanda x

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh I love how you have used some of your uinique techniques with Tyvek, crackle paint and tea bags to create your own interpretation of Fly Away. It all comes together so masterfully with your creative mind and hands working magic together.
Beautiful work dearest friend and have a lovely weekend!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful heart Dorthe, I love how the bird is seen to be building her nest around it. Those crackles on the wings really pop out with your use of walnut stain and it's all brought together by your beautiful way with tyvek and lace textures. What a beauty to see to start my day. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs Tracey xx

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dorthe!!
The bird with the lace in it's beak is just the best!
Such a well thought out,Wonderful creation!
Jackie xo

Jo said...

Dorthe, just so beautiful .... wings and rust and texture !

Bente said...

Så flott den var Dorthe. Helt fantastiske detaljer på alt du lager
Ønsker deg ei flott ny uke
Klem