Monday, July 5, 2010

Here I am again-

I took my two dear grandchildren, back home to mom and dad yesterday, and am ,now home again.I miss them here,and all the fun, and love we have together, -but have to admit it is good to have my "own life "back, too.It would be so much easyer if we lived closer to each other!!!!!!


Since last, I have recieved so many wonderfull birthday gifts,from blogging friends, and
others, that I so wants to show you.
As there are many I will post them in the order I recieved them from my postman.
************************

The first one is the most fantastic, and beautifull gifts from one of  my dearest friends :

This is what appered when I opened the package-Whish was a very big surprice-
---a beautifll hand-sewed bag   -Don`t know if it shows, but the fabric ,looks like the most fragile old lace--
and Sweet dear Julia also used old fantastic beautifull lace to decorate with-

Not only outside,-but also inside,where also was made small
pockets, all way round, to hold all the precius little wonders, Julia tucket inside for me.

This is a  book,from 1894,- holding a "word"  Pour Chaque Jour--for every day,
in the year, for one to read,the words of the bible.-It is a treasure,to keep-not to cut!!!
I have to make copies :)
Dear Julia, made wonderfull small packages ,in small bags, and inside one of them was this,
so lovely old brooch,-it is so beautifull, sweet.


In another one this dear lady tucked, her handsoldered charm,
holding a piece of old beauty,-I`m going to wear this, as it is perfect in size for jewelry.
I love it`s  fragile look.
In 3 other pockets I found those wonderfull old german doll heads,
They are not easy to find here, so I`m very gratefull for them, and while you are here, see the
great fabric, that was tucked inside the middle of the"purse"/ bag.
Now ,this I never saw before, -and it is such sweet and special gift,--I love them--
two old cubber scabelones,with my initials-se the bag Julia made to protect them in....

Also this is so beautifull and very wonderfull,-an old  woodcut ,Julia
bought for me. Isn`t she the sweetest woman..

It was hidden in another handmade bag,together with those  4
old cards ,with beautifull wemenn.
There were also a bag with sweet white buttons, and another with Crystals inside,-

The last photo today is of the card Julia made for me, --it  pictures 3 sisters, -And I know Julia made this,
for me,knowing I lost one sister- 2 years ago- to cancer---
It is a very special card,-beautifull, and will forever be a treasure for me, in remembering, times we had together,all 3 of us....-Julia you realy touched my heart with your gorgeus gifts , and with the meaning of this card. Also thanks, dearest for what you wrote to me, it means so very much.



Liebe, und kys-og knus from me to you, dear friend.
*********************
It is late ,and I think this is photoes enough for one day,-
I will be back tomorrow, with more lovely gifts.

I will also try to get back, to all of you, to se what I missed the last week...

Hugs, and love from me,to you.
Dorthe


16 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Dorthe!
I'm so glad that you are back. I know that you will miss your little ones and I hope you get to see them again soon.
I just love your wonderful gifts. That little bag is magical with all the little inside pockets holding such lovely treasures.

That's very sweet to remember your precious sister and I know that you will treasure her endearing gift.

I'm sure you are anxious to start creating some beautiful things to show us and we are looking forward to it.

hugs
Sissie

Beth Leintz said...

Such fun and inspiring gifts- glad you had a good visit with the grandkids- I understand what you mean about it's fun to visit, but nice to be home.

Lisa said...

Dorthe,
Oh my friend, I wish I'd know it was your birthday! Happy belated birthday. Is that why the family was visiting last week? I am not very good about things like this. Julia sent you a wonderful bag of treasures. She really knows how to pack a box with goodies! I'm still loving all of my treats. That punched brass with your initials is really cool. I know you'll make some beautiful art with it all. Lisa

Vicki Boster said...

Dorthe - you must be exhausted - I just know that you are a wonderful and beloved grandma. What do your sweet grandchildren call you? It is wonderful to spend that time with the babes - but yes - we do like our own time don't we! Guess that is the great thing about having grand children!

Oh my dear Dorthe - your postman has been so busy bringing you those wonderful treasures! You are so lucky and so loved - that alone should be a wonderful birthday blessing for you!

We havemissed you while you were busy with the babes - so glad to have you back. Soon - I am going to have to take a little blog break also - so much to do this summer!

Vicki

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday dear Dorthe..you have a heart as big as the moon and many wonderful friends who have sent you lovely gifts..enjoy your treasures!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Dorthe,
so nice to have you back.
WOW, the bag is to die for and all the treasures Julia put in are just beautiful.A special gift for a special Lady. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

The Feathered Nest said...

Happy Birthday sweet Dorthe!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with all the things you love....I know you must have enjoyed the babes coming to visit but they do have a lot of energy, don't they??

What a gorgeous gift from Julia!!! So many wonderful treasures all tucked inside the beautiful bag ~ I know you must love it! I'm sending you birthday hugs and love....xxoo, Dawn

Sandy said...

Oh Dorthe you are a lucky girl. So wonderfulm gifts. I´m so happy for you. Have a sunny day my dear friend. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Alles Liebe und Gute nachträglich zum Geburtstag, liebe Dorthe! Ganz tolle Sachen hast Du von Julia bekommen. Traumhaft schön! Und schön, dass Du wieder da bist ! :-)

Diane said...

Dorthe, these are wonderful treasures--what a dear friend you have--glad to see you back!
And Happy Birthday too--when was it?

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a lovely gift~ full of wonderful goodies! Happy Birthday, Dorthe! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments!

Lululiz said...

Oh Dorthe, what wonderful presents, it just shows you how much you are loved by your friends. Julia's creations are always so very beautiful, I love them very much.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Dear Dorthe,
Glad to have you back. I am sure you loved every minute of family but quiet is nice too. You are well loved by family and friends, it shows in the wonderful gifts you recieved. I love the brass with "our" initials on it. The lace soldered charm, well is charming.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Dorthe, and we missed you! So glad to have you back but happy that you had such a wonderful time with your grandchildren. Precious time, isn't it.
Blessings!
Diane

Sue said...

Dorthe, your gift from Julie is amazing, beautiful and thoughtful. My absolute favorite part however is the card - lovely.

Hugs!

Sue

Rebecca said...

Hi Sweetie and Happy Birthday to you! I didn't know it was your big day... I just have been too busy lately and haven't gotten around as I should! I am waiting for the lazy summer days to roll around but so far they are not rolling!
Love that package you got from Julia! What wonderful treasures...
I have had my kids home for 2 weeks so I am tired!!! and not missing them too. I will post pics later in the week...little darlings :)
My best to you and
Blessings
Rebecca