Wednesday, September 5, 2018

WHISPER SECRETS INTO THE WIND !!

I`m here with the first autumn theme for That`s Crafty Challenge : Forever Autumn   https://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.com/

The choice was to start using one of  the MDF panels onto which
I painted white and while wet added a little black, to achieve this grey tone.
When dry  I used the beautiful swallow stencil using Black gesso dapping with
a hard brush.


I left to dry, and meanwhile onto a find from my garden, a dry leaf, smeared 
a little of the gorgeous Antique Gold. A greyboard leaf was stamped with 
one of Melina`s doodled leaves , Lime Lustre was painted in the doodled frame,
and Antique Gold and Metallic  Rose Gold painted onto the leaf.Also a tiny berry
branch was painted white on the berries ,and a dot of gold, too.


The swallow now dry was given details with white and gold smeared together,
and a white dot for the eye. On two edges I used the Stitch stencil, with a blackFine liner .
The Affirmation was partly stamped directly on the left side panel , and onto two pieces of
scrap paper from my table .


Also a piece of rusted fabric , ( a lovely gift from Lynne ) was found on the tabel,
and adhered to panel. On top the leaves and the branch- and lastly the stamped paper scraps.

I hope you are not tired from reading , lol. 

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used :


From my own stash I used:

Piece of fabric, paper scratches,a dried nature leaf .

This Challenge starts at 11am on Wednesday 5th September.

And there will be fantastic creations , from my DT friends , too.
The winner of this challenge will receive a £30 voucher to spend in our online shop and our Top 3 will receive a stencil/s of their choice from our own That's Crafty! brand.

Please make sure to read our challenge rules before entering. We will unfortunately have to delete entries that do not follow the rules.

14 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Such a beautiful Autumnal creation dearest Dorthe!
I love the stenciled swallow in the background along with the autumn leaves - one from your garden highlighted with the lustre of gold!
Beautiful my friend!
Happy Autumn to you too dear!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Diana Taylor said...

This is so beautiful Dorthe - I love the leaf with the berry branch, it reminds me of one of my favourite flowers Lily of the Valley. Just delightful, and beautiful colours too, reminiscent of the end of summer.
Diana xx

Jo said...

So lovely.... and this piece really evokes the soul of autumn. Beautifully done!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh dear Dorthe this is beautiful. It is rustic and natural and the swallow so well created; so majestic! I love the accents here - like the gold on the leaf and the textural layers you have added. The X's give such a sincere and unique touch! hugs to you <3, karen o

Fliss said...

An absolutely beautiful panel Dorthe. The swallow looks stunning and so realistic too. Just love all those wonderful textured layers and the attention to detail is so very you.
Fliss xxx

craftytrog said...

A stunning Autumn collage Dorthe! xxx

Annie said...

This is an amazing make Dorthe and I love how you have incorporated the natural elements in your Autumn project x
TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Createology said...

Dorthe Dear your titles draw me in and I am so amazed at all the details and textures you achieve to create Mother Nature Works of HeArt...from a simple blank surface beginning. Truly Lovely! <3

Words and Pictures said...

I love the repeat text stamping in the background, and the wonderful collection of natural images and elements you've gathered into your collage - beautiful.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I can not believe I nearly missed this Dorthe. The way you have painted the swallow is incredible, painted with a fine eye for detail, she looks so life like. The contrast of the gold against the black gives a contrast so elegant. A very stylish piece of creativity my dear, I can almost see her soaring high to explore the world.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend & we will chat soon.
Big Hugs & Take care dear Friend Tracey xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dorthe, I didn't realise that the bird was a stencil, it's amazing how you've brought it to life. Have a wonderful weekend, Sue xx

Jackie PNeal said...

A lovely tribute to Autumn sweet Dorthe!
I have seen our birds leaving for warmer places as well-I guess there comes a time.
Beautiful bird graphic and I quite love the way you outlined it, it gives it dimension! And your use of the rose gold- mmmmm I just love!
Happy weekend sweet friend! xoxo

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh what a stunning piece Dorthe, that bird image is so beautiful, - the perfect honouring for the Autumn season! Love all the other elements you added too, - altogether a stunning piece of art!!

Sorry I have not visited for so long, but I have had issues with blogger and have not been able to comment, but it is finally sorted now it seems, pfew….

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful piece to welcome autumn! Simply GORGEOUS dear Dorthe!
Your pieces are always treasures!

Hugs Susi