Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I HEART YOU


I HEART YOU ,  CHALLENGE . 

Yes we have a new challenge over at That`s Crafty Challenge blog 
and what else could be right for this months, other than having your heart with you ,-also when creating !!  
My sample therefore had to be made on one of the wonderful heart shaped 
white greyboards, honoring beautiful friendship, and the friends, whom
always are there for me.  Thank you dear`s . 


I first went over it with thinned gesso, and after dry, the so beautiful stencil was used with 
Texture past in left side . on right side I adhered old lace scraps, and when all had dried,
I mixed white and black paint, to a grey, which was first brushed over the lace ,


and after thinned with lots of water to get a very light tone, and then bruched
over the stenciled ,side.


The wonderful big button from Texture Collections stamp set 3, was  stamped
onto a scrap of old textile, which also, had  got a coat, of the grey, first.
I used Archival Ink to stamp with . They were adhered to right side , of the heart.

Then one of the hearts from a greyboard bits and pieces sheet 
was  painted too, and after ,I again used the stencil, to create interest, and also 
draw around the perimeter to define the shape.. 

I found two lovely friends from T.Holz :Ancestors , adhered them , to the middle of the heart,
and gave them the heart of friendship ,into their hands . The left side girl got a black "shadow" to define them, better.


For the left side of the heart I used a pompom yarn ,from my stash, 
also painted , with light grey, and a piece of crocheted old lace, in the peak
as seen below .


A lovely piece of sari silk, from my stash was inserted in the holes, I had made
using my Crop A Dille .

NOW remember if you wan t to play, too- 

the winner of this challenge will receive a £30 voucher to spend in the online shop and the Top 3 will receive a stencil/s of their choice from our own That's Crafty! brand.

Sounds fantastic, dosen`t it !!!!!!

Good luck to you all,

Hugs and love
Dorthe 


Materials


From my stash:

Lace scraps-  pompom yarn, sari silk  and black fine liner .

17 comments:

Dortesjs said...

super flot virkeligt lækkert.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art Dorthe! Xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh my your heart is absolutely beautiful Dorthe, I could gaze in wonder all day at all the little details you add to your amazing creations. You have such a brilliant eye for embellishments sweet lady
Hugs
Donna xx

Jackie PN said...

Oh Dorthe! What a wonderful piece! I could see giving this to a lifelong woman friend! This is amazing, although all of your artwork, really is! I love the stenciling on one side and the beautiful layers of fabric and lace..and of course that pom pom trim us the best!
What a beautiful heart you have! ")
huge hugs my friend,Jackie

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your heart turned out fantastic, dear Dorthe. The texture and embellishments are beautiful and the image is pretty. I love that the two ladies hold a heart. It's a wonderful piece for the challenge.
Have a lovely evening, sweetie!
Hugs and love,
Julia

Jo said...

Dorthe,/you are just so creative . Whatt a wonderful celebration of friendship!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Dorthe your hanging heart is truly beautiful, I love your stencilled area and the way you have added fabric you stamped upon. All so delicately matched together. What a fabulous way to honour those close and caring, it must have been so heartfelt creating it and bring a big smile to you each time you gaze upon it.
Warm hugs & friendship Tracey xx
P.S Sorry for my late visit but my laptop is misbehaving, hoping to fix it later today xx

AppleApricot Wen said...

Sweetie, your mixed media heart is so gorgeous! You truly are a master in textures. I love that sweet little heart the girls are carrying together. Such a beautiful symbol for loving friendship and sisterhood. Sending you big hugs and love, xx

Bev Hilton said...

So beautiful as always. Such lovely texture for those lovely ladies. x

Draffin Bears said...

dear Dorthe,

Such a beautiful heart that you have created for the challenge - love the greys, texture and the lovely friends you used.
Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Createology said...

True friends really do share one Heart and your ode honoring both is very special Dorthe Dear. You always create the most amazing projects. Happy Valentiine’s Dear...xo

Lululiz said...

It is gorgeous, Dorthe!

Rosie said...

Your heart is absolutely gorgeous, dear Dorthe.

Have a wonderful Sunday

Unknown said...

Dorthe, your project is one big awesomeness! I love seeing your projects around. I hope this gorgeous heart is proudly displayed somewhere nice! Xx

Lace Age Girl said...

Hello Dorthe, What a wonderful heart project you have created. Thanks for sharing your process, too. That was so interesting, reading about how you did it all. So clever! Sending hugs to you,
Jesse XXX

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Dorthe~ (I'm behind in my visiting; but catching up)
This heart is fabulous! So many gorgeous vintage layers.
I appreciate your detailing what you did as well; so helpful.
I love your creations <3 Hugs, karen o

Fliss said...

This is really beautiful Dorthe, wonderful texture and detail and the embellishing suits the lovely ladies perfectly.
Fliss xx