Wednesday, June 20, 2018

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME

So we reached the second CHALLENGE this June,  of :
A SUMMER`S DAY-
and I had this house , from one of Melina`s newest stamps set,
which is so lovely and fairy-like , a tiny castle to call home.
I used one of the new greyboard tags, and stamped the house directly to the 
background, after having painted it white.
After  Flat Matte Spray Tomato was sprayed over the house and tag, with 
diluted Chestnut Brown paint- 
I stamped the house onto white tissue paper , and adhered to the not totally dry
sprayed greyboard, which results in the tissue ,soaking up the sprays.


After,- one of my favorite stencils was used with texture paste, in left side panel 
and left to dry. I made a kind of tiny flower from old lace, and stamped the
words from same set as the houses- onto a piece of white cotton.
It was layered with fabric netting onto another piece of fabric, and I sewed around it,
with sewing mashine.


The lovely bush was painted with green sharpie,and  
the windows got a little white . I outlined the stamped house with
brown, painted with Multi Surface Paint Mint around it over the whole tag , and
used a little Flat Matte Tomato on to the stenciled pattern, followed with 
Distress Ink -Gathered Twigs. Then stamped two birds from Lynnes Set 2
flying over the house - in black-


Adhered flower and a torn edge of lace to panel-  punched two holes, in the bottom,
through where I tied the fabric sign with the help of two strings. 
A white sari silk piece, was also painted with the different sprays and paints,
and tied through the tag hole, and wrote Summer in right side panel.

NOW WOULD THIS FANCY YOU, TO TAKE PART IN :

This challenge will run until 10am, Wednesday 4th July. Our next challenge will start at 11am on Wednesday 4th July.

The winner of this challenge will receive a £30 voucher to spend in our online shop and our Top 3 will receive a stencil/s of their choice from our own That's Crafty! brand.

Please make sure to read our challenge rules before entering. We will unfortunately have to delete entries that do not follow the rules.

For this Challenge, we'd like your entries to feature Summery images on them please.

i HOPE TO SEE YOU OVER THERE .

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used :




11 comments:

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

This is stunning❣ Love it so much 😍

SewPaperPaint said...

How delightful! I love the house and sentiment and your incredible style of layering. Big hugs, Autumn

froebelsternchen said...

I would love to stay at this fantastic house! What a lovely and well designed tag this is - all the texture and the amazing addition of fabric pieces! You are such an unique designer Dorthe! Fabulous piece!
Wishing you a happy evening!
Hugs, Susi

Diana Taylor said...

What an absolutely adorable little house. I am into little houses at the moment and I do love that image you chose. The little phrase is so sweet too. A really beautiful piece of work Dorthe.
Diana xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dorthe, I would definitely like to live in your fairy castle. Have a lovely week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is so sweet Dorthe, your colouring is lovely. Melina's house fit's perfectly onto those new tags. Layered upon that fabulous stencilled paste it's a favourite of mine too.
Your added lace and button embellish it beautifully. A work of art in miniature.
Big Hugs Tracey xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Dear Dorthe~
I am admiring your beautiful gray-board tag : )
So many wonderful layers of textile, texture and paint!
Your 'penning' details on the house add so much charm.
Beautiful work friend!
(Sorry I'm so behind in my visits, I am back in my own home now
and enjoying my grandkids <3) karen o

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!!
And, I really love the little flower you created Dorthe!
Happy weekend!
Alison xxx

Anonymous said...

So charming! xox

Annie said...

Love your beautiful tag Dorthe x I have these fabulous stamps but have still to play with them and I am now inspired.

Have a wonderful Sunday xx Recently spent a couple of days in Copenhagen and had an amazing time visiting Tivoli Gardens at night and my favourite herring was just delicious x

A beautiful city indeed!!

Best Wishes
Annie x

Jackie PN said...

How sweet is this house- you have turned a stamp into a charming little cottage! And the way you decorated the tag with the textures and hanging words is just delightful sweet Dorthe!
One of my new favorites- I just love it!
Jackie xo