Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Just a sneak peak !!

Have you visited Caterina Giglio and seen her beautiful videos, http://caterinagiglio.blogspot.dk/, if you have , you have also seen she made 2 videos ,showing how to create a wonderful concertina book, her way ! 

I got so interested that I had to try my hand, and I`m not finished at all, but wanted
to show you 3 pages, I did. I am not totally following ,or trying to
copy ,Cat, but have added a little different things myself, like the 
paper napkin and little more color.


I painted the very simple flowers, without adding much color!
they are indeed very simple, as I`m not a painter, but I loved trying!!


4 pages are now waiting to get their own little flower decoration,
and then the binding starts.


Ofcourse I will show the finished result,
Thank you dear Cat, for your lovely video, your art is amazing,
and I love your tiny book, so had to give it a try, my way !!

Maybe you will like to have a look,too, dear friends ,on the  video,
you find it easily, following the link, and then searching !!

Hugs and love 
from Dorthe 

15 comments:

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Hi Dorthe. I am a huge fan of Caterina's work and have her blog shown as a friend the sidebar of my own blog so that I can follow her updates. Her videos are great and she seems like a friend that we would all want to create with. I love her style, and yours is wonderful as well. I love that you are are always ready to try new techniques. Have a great day. Hugs, Sue

Dortesjs said...

woww skønne sider ;O))) fortsæt fortsæt ;O)

Caterina Giglio said...

Dorthe, I just love your work, and yes, you are a painter and your flowers are exquisite, thank you for trying it out, and I cannot wait to see the finished results!! I know it will be amazing!! xoxo

Createology said...

Your pages are amazing and I love that you are incorporating your own touches and techniques. I am definitely going to check out Caterina's blog and videos as I am not at all familiar with her work. Creative Bliss Dorthe Dear...

Ruth said...

I think your flowers look so natural and are just perfect for this wonderful project.. thanks for sharing so far Dorthe...so beautiful in vintage tones, look forward to seeing more!! Ruth xxx

Jackie PN said...

Oh Dorthe,
this is wonderful and your Hyacinths make me think of spring! I do love your just the right amount of color- such an organic and lovely journal! I might have to have a go myself!
hugs & love,Jackie

Heather said...

Such delicate and beautiful work, Dorthe! Thank you for this sneak peek!

Bente said...

Så nydelig, Dorthe. Du lager de mest fantastiske kunstverk.
Klem

Plush Possum Studio said...

These are very lovely, Dorthe! The colors are soft and subtle, and yet somehow well defined. I like all 3. My favorite is the one of the Clover.
xoxo Rose

Paper Profusion said...

These look absolutely beautiful Dorthe!! I'll look forward to seeing everything when complete. Always love your vintage hues. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

Jytte said...

Oooiii, hvor er det flot!!
Jeg er VILD med din stil - og må vist lige kikke forbi Caterinas videos også.
Når jeg ser dine kreationer, så ved jeg bare - at vintage/shabby chic er og bliver mit hjertebarn, når vi snakker scrap.

Words and Pictures said...

Simply lovely, Dorthe - I think your hand-painted flowers are beautiful, especially the grasses in the second photo - and they work wonderfully against the book page backgrounds. I'm going to check out the links to Caterina's work too, thank you for sharing them.
Alison x

Karen Larko said...

Very beautiful work Dorthe! I think your painting is perfect. Love the muted colors. Can't wait to see more. Hugs.

~*~Patty S said...

It is lovely how you get excited and get busy taking new things you learn and making them your own dear Dorthe.
Your artful touches weaving nature and beauty into everything you create.
Your little book is already a treasure just like you are ♥♥♥
oxo

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Love!!!
The delicate way you captured the scenes from nature and working so beautifully with the backgrounds you created, so gorgeous. You are so inspirational, not only with the art you create but your enthusiasm and your appetite for learning and studying. You inspire me so much xx