Friday, November 25, 2016

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS DECORATION IN MY NEW BIG WINDOW !!

Many years my dear friend Solvejg, made this tree for my shop, 
and I decided to buy one myself , it was green back then, but in my
new "white" sitting room, " it looks better in white, and my husbond 
sweetly painted it for me .


I have hung the most beautiful tags and ornaments
onto its branches,--all pieces I have received from
very dear blogging friends, over the years.


They are all beautiful, serene,

Lovely and sweet,


So beautifully created ,


All showing the joy , 


and spirit of Christmas.

I feel so blessed to have so many friends, with warm hearts
all over the world, and I treasure the different ,
winter creations, which are all unpacked, every year.
These are only a few examples , more will be added later .

*************
This tree created by stacking lots of paper bits on top of each other,--
another Danish friend created for a Christmas Market, I visited
last weekend.  I think they are so lovely ,and this stands in an old
silvery cup, which you unfortunately, can`t see, in the photo.



I hope your weekend have started lovely, and wishes you 2 beautiful days ahead !!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear American friends !!
Hugs and love from Dorthe,--
and thank you for visiting my blog, it is a joy
seeing you here!!!

14 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Your tree looks absolutely beautiful Dorthe! Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

Karen B. said...

Oh Dorthe,
everything is just so lovely!
Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Dear Dorthe, what a special tree and sweet hubby to have painted it for you. I love that you have decorated it with such meaningful treasures. That is a lovely window and a beautiful place to display it all. Hugs, Sue

Createology said...

How very wonderful to enjoy your treasures in your new home. Very sweet of your husband to paint your tree white for you. Love all your treasures including your newest paper tree. Enjoy all the magic of this wonderful season Dorthe Dear.

Bente said...

Hei kjære Dorthe. Så lurt å henge opp alle de nydelige tagsen du har fått. Det ble et nydelig tre.
Ønsker deg ei finfin adventsuke
Klem

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thank you for sharing your very beautiful treasures. I really love the wooden tree. The tags are surely "little treasures" Something so serene about them. I have a similar tree my dad made, when cleaning out the house no one wanted..whew ! I snatched it right up. Then I placed moms old ornaments on it. I photo it and post later. Have a wonderful week.

Diana Taylor said...

I love your beautiful tree and the special little treasures you have hanging on it - they are gorgeous and all the more special for each having been made by dear friends.
I hope you have a lovely week and thank you so much for visiting my desk this week,
Diana #20 x

Jackie PN said...

Oh Dorthe! how excited you must be to unpack and display such beautiful treasures from your friends! The tree on which they hang is beautiful! and although I can imagine it in green, the white would be my choice as well!
Your other tree is just as lovely and looks like something I would love to try and recreate!
Thank you so much for your lovely wishes and friendship across the world
sending big hugs,love,and magical wishes! xx

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hello Dorthe.
Your creations are always so lovely. And the big window is perfect for showing off that pretty tree and all those beautiful tags.
Thank you for your well wishes for my son.

Have a Merry Christmas.

hugs,
Sissie

Words and Pictures said...

What a magical Christmas decoration - filled with those lovely artworks collected over the years and, although I didn't see it in green, I think it looks just lovely painted white. I'm glad you approve of my interpretation of hygge, and I hope you're enjoying plenty of that feeling in your new(ish) home. I know I must have missed other treats here, but I'm looking forward to some proper catching-up time over the festive season.
Alison x

Caterina Giglio said...

What a sweet tree, the perfect display for such treasures.. and all in such beautiful neutrals..and your sweet paper tree is darling! so nice to stop by and see you decorating in your new home! xoxo

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Dorthe,

So lovely to see Christmas in your new home - love the window with all the beautiful decorations and the sweet tree. Always great to visit and see your treasures and know you must be thrilled to be in your new home.
Sending hugs and hope you are having a lovely week
Carolyn

~*~Patty S said...

Still trying to catch up with you here in blogland dear Dorthe ♥
So much beauty and creativity you share with us from friends around the globe!
You decorate so beautifully with those treasures.
fa la laaa oxo
p.s. Happy to have my "real" computer back typing with two hands instead of one finger on my iphone ;-)

Karen Larko said...

Everything is so beautiful. Just loving all the tags!